Velocity Church is part of Acts Global Churches (formerly Apostolic Church Australia), which is one of the Pentecostal denominations or movements that was birthed here in Australia in 1930 from ministry which had flowed on from the Welsh Revival in 1904.
In some ways Acts Global Churches isn’t different at all from other denominations. It holds to all the early creeds of historic Christianity and is in perfect harmony with orthodox Christian doctrine.
It is also in agreement with most other Pentecostal Churches. Like them, we believe worship should be vibrant, and that God’s supernatural power is available for all Christians for daily living.
If you would like to know more about our church denomination please visit the Acts Global Churches website.
Acts Global Churches has 11 foundational beliefs that are listed here:
- The one true and living God who eternally exists in three persons in unity: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- The divine inspiration and authority of the Holy Scripture.
- The original perfection of creation; the inherent corruptness of humanity through the Fall; the necessity of repentance and regeneration by grace and through faith in Christ alone, and the eternal separation from God of the finally unrepentant.
- The virgin birth, sinless life atoning death, triumphant resurrection, ascension and continuing intercession of our Lord Jesus Christ, His Second Coming, and eternal kingdom reign.
- The justification and sanctification of believers through the finished work of Christ, their security as they remain in Him, and their future resurrection in an incorruptible body.
- The Sacrement of Baptism by immersion, and of the Lord’s Supper.
- The baptism of the Holy Spirit for believers with supernatural signs, empowering the Church for its mission in the world.
- The gifts of the Holy Spirit for the building up of the Church and ministry to the world.
- Christ’s leadership of the Church through the ascension ministries of apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers, for the unity, maturity and growth of the Church.
- The privilege and responsibility of wise stewardship of all that God has given, including the practice of tithing to the local church.
- We believe that the covenant of marriage is the union of a man and a woman who have voluntarily entered into a loving, committed and exclusive relationship for as long as both live.